Re: (erielack) EL empty car waybill

Schuyler -

"Record rights" means that the car had moved under load through that
interchange, so the first road, that handed off the load to the second
road was generally obligated to receive the empty back on the return
route.  Record rights were documented by the first road retaining its
own Home Route Card/Empty Car Waybill after the load had been
interchanged, and then pulling the card back out of the pigeon hole when
the empty returned.  That card also would show the next road and
interchange where the car had record rights,so that road could move it
in the correct return route to the next interchange.

GAD