From: "Smtimko_@_aol.com" <Smtimko@aol.com>
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Sent: Sat, December 12, 2009 6:46:04 PM
Subject: Re: (erielack) Moving around....

In a message dated 12/12/2009 3:06:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
nytrr_@_hotmail.com writes:

When the  railroad gave you assignment in new territory, did they move you,
did they  give you a moving allowance, or were you on your own and moved
yourself for  a better job?

Thanks for sharing your stories with  us,

- -bruce

Bruce

Most of the guys went on their own at their own expense.  Walt is  probably
too embarrassed to tell us but I think I heard somewhere that Sammy  Miller
give him two months of lodging at a nearby hotel in Binghamton and $7.00
per day for meals, which was pretty good then.

SMT