RE: (erielack) diamond and a DL&W F3 question

When the F3's were in Suburban Service on the Boonton Line, the Mars Light was off.  You could see a red lens also in position.  It appeared as though this could be moved out of the way.

Ed Montgomery

- -----Original Message-----
From: Bob Dobrowolski [mailto:el_railfan_@_yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 10:36 PM
To: EL Mail List
Subject: Re: (erielack) diamond and a DL&W F3 question

For the sake of accuracy I think the caption on page 17 needs to be corrected.  To me, it looks like the F3 is numbered 8451, which would make it ex-DL&W 805A, post-merger.

While we're on the subject of DL&W F3s I have a question.  When the Mars light in the upper headlight position was not rotating was it dimly lit or dark?

- --
Bob Dobrowolski
http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/merrcnj/

If it ain't broke, take it apart, and find out why.