Re: (erielack) Mahoning Division Yards

In a message dated 12/8/2009 8:12:12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
doctorpb_@_bellsouth.net writes:

Reading a book or two on the subject
would be a good start.  Steve Timko, which of your Morning Sun releases
would
you recommend?  Perhaps you have an extra copy of your Southern States
presentation you  could send to Brad? If not, if it's okay with you, I'll
scan and send a  few pages to him.
Paul (Brad and list)

I was going to respond to Brad's questions but needed a bit of time  to
compose something as it is very complex and the amount of traffic moved  daily
is hard to imagine.  I will try to get something on line later  today.

As far as the Morning Sun Books, Trackside Around Youngstown has  quite a
few photos of the area, naturally.  Trackside in the Rust Belt is  also heavy
on industry and railroading in the Rust Belt.  The photos were  all taken
by retired EL Chief Dispatcher Cal Banse.  Additionally,  Trackside Around
Eastern Ohio has quite a few local photos also.  There  is a new MSB out,
Steel Mill Railroads that covers railroading inside the  fences of the steel
plants and that book shows dumping of slag, coke making,  limestone quarrying,
scrap handling, etc.  So any and all of the above  books will have lots of
Mahoning Division content.

I have the Southern States Power-Point presentation on a CD I  believe and
will e-mail it to Brad.  The title of it is "E-L's  Mahoning Division--July
1, 1965"

SMT