Fwd: (erielack) Erie Signals - Meadville

Telephone Train Order Signals were listed in the Timetable and Signal 516-1
 was not.  It was not a TTO but a regular automatic signal.  The only  TTO
Signal in the vicinity of Meadville was 514-1 at westbound at Race Street
which was controlled by the Operator-Clerk at Meadville Depot.  It was used
to hold trains out of the yard at Meadville and keep them off of the
crossings.

There are certain items that wire into a signal case: switch  protection,
track occupancy, etc.  I have no signal background so have no  idea how this
would be wired but if I had to guess, I would say that the signal  was wired
as any other signal would be, but the circuit controller for the  switch
leading into the yard would be wired differently, in this case, to allow  the
signal to display Restricting when the shunt was broken for that switch and
properly lined reverse.  Don't forget, the system signal shop was in
Meadville so someone there could certainly figure it out.

I've seen the signal operate and I'm familiar with what it can do, but
again, have no background in just how it was wired.

SMT