RE: (erielack) Stoney Point, PA

bradley

no if you follow the line from stony point (south and west)you can see how it goes north just before the j&M and ppg businesses.  you can see the water towers and the area looks like a subdivision .  from what i have been told that area was full of orchards and when they where taken for the bomb factory many local farmers lost land.  there is a wye or might have been a wye just after the switch off the main.  btw i miss spoke it was kow not koa my bad.

Tim Heckman ELHS#2571 MP 35 DAYTON HILL 2.5% GRADE STEEPEST ON ERIE

> From: llyengalyn_@_hotmail.com
> To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
> Subject: RE: (erielack) Stoney Point, PA
> Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 04:05:28 -0500
>

> Are you refering to the team track or the PPG plant Tim?no it is before the j&m switch i have spent alot of time in the last year researching this with my brother.  he has actually went down there to check stuff out.  also there was a parachute plant in meadville at viscoe american it is now a industrial park.  there is also a center cab switcher there.  also this was the old bessmer tracks that came in below bk and went my the malable( name maybe spelled wrong) my dad worked there after hs.  they cast many things there.  also then the track went by dads dog food and they worked its way to the viscoe plant.  the viscoe plant was one of the big employers in meadville,

tim