Re: OT Outlook Mail for Schuyler and Others Re: (erielack) Erie Map

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, George Kaplan wrote:

> What I was trying to say was:
> 1-Go to web interface and delete all junk/spam emails.  Don't delete
> legitimate emails.
> 2-Logout of web interface.
> 3-go to email client and download email again.
> An  additional problem that I had when this happened is that since the
> original download did not complete, the original messages that did get
> through did not get deleted from the server, so I wound up getting  some
> of them twice.
> George Kaplan

If the POP/IMAP session terminates abnormally the server does not delete any
messages as a fail-safe so that any undownloaded mail is not lost. It's easy
enough to delete them through webmail before trying again with your email
client.

Henry

J. Henry Priebe Jr.    Blue Moon Internet Corp Network Administrator
www.bluemoon.net       Internet Access & Web Hosting
www.railfan.net        Railfan Network Services