RE: (erielack) Free-Mo modules

We are checking into this now.

Paul Capp.

- -----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Lofland [mailto:jjlofland_@_gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 7:56 AM
To: EL Mail List
Subject: Re: (erielack) Free-Mo modules

There is a Free-Mo group (see the "organization link on the free-mo home
page) in the Akron Ohio area.  Since this is now a sort of society topic, is
there any chance we could get a few modules set up, or a clinic done by some
of those people. It would be appropriate.

Joe Lofland

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 6:26 AM, Paul Brezicki
<doctorpb_@_bellsouth.net>wrote:

> I agree. Digitrax is a good system but the general consensus is that it's
> non-intuitive nature makes it most suitable for the computer geek. NCE and
> EasyDCC are more user friendly.
>
> Paul B
>
> From: "Paul R. Tupaczewski" <paultup_@_comcast.net>
> Subject: RE: (erielack) Free-Mo modules
>

> Jim or anyone else.
>>
>> After reading the standards I am assuming that the layout is
>> run via Digatrax. ?  Some onf the terminology is different
>> for me.  I used Easy DCC and things really are easy and
>> straight forward with that system.
>>

> I saw that in the standards and was rather taken aback by it. Why lock
into
> one DCC provider? (perhaps a Digitrax person helped found the group? ;)  I
> realize there are limitations to supporting multiple systems, but why not
> just have a standard 2-wire track bus and use wireless throttles? Most of
> the major systems support wireless throttles now...
>
> - Paul
>

>        The Erie Lackawanna Mailing List
>        http://EL-List.railfan.net/ <http://el-list.railfan.net/>
>        To Unsubscribe: