RE: (erielack) puzzled by Lambert's Erie Dunmore caboose

Joe, I checked again and apparently I botched my  inch -> cm conversion (I live in the Netherlands, no inch-calipers here). The cupola roof should be 5.05 cm above the rail, not 5.35. Funny how my mistake resulted in _exactly_ the height I measured!
So the whole idea of this somehow being related to the larger Erie clearances is, well, off the mark, to say the least.
Now I doubt whether it's worth the while painting and lettering this monster caboose.
One the one hand, the height problem only really kicks in when it's sitting next to other cabooses (a flock of cabeese?) in a yard. At the end of a long train somewhere out in the corn field (of which my layout will have plenty) there's no problem really. Waiting for the Overland to pop up on ebay may easily take another year, and it sure wont be in the same price bracket as the Lambert. (For $110 I thought I had a nice deal - not great but nice enough. Now I know better, LOL! Anyways, it's a "model train", a faulty one, but not the end of the world.)
On the other hand... etc
So no worries about raining on my HO- parade, I can stand a little truth now and then. Having said that, "brainlessly enjoy the long passing freight train" = total bliss!

Oh and if you happen to know someone with way too many Overlands, tell him I'm interested in one :-)

Rik