RE: (erielack) puzzled by Lambert's Erie Dunmore caboose

Schuyler, thanks for the information. Without the washers it appears to be exactly the required height, leaving only some work to make the trucks turn. (and of course paint and lettering)

As to the windows, no worries, I was aware of this thanks to the amazing erielack - archives. In fact it isn't a problem at all because on my planned layout you'll only be able to see one side of the car anyway.

You called them "high riding cars"... I wonder whether this was really something that would strike your eye when you saw one on the road? And, is this because of the larger clearances of the original broad-gauged Erie RR? I recall reading in the archives someone wondered why he always saw ex-DL&W cabooses and never a Dunmore on Erie Lackawanna MoW-trains... I bet the size of the hack had to do with it?

Rik