Re: (erielack) Athearn UPS Trailers

  Paul...

- -------------- Original message ----------------------

> The A-line product is the 28' 8'6" wide drop-frame pup trailer that was
> produced beginning in 1982, and therefore not appropriate for EL. The
> correct 40' long 8' wide drop-frame trailer was by Rail Power Products,
> which produced an undec kit. The RPP product line was acquired by Athearn,
> and this trailer is the basis for Athearn's rtr UPS offering.

Yes, yes, yes.  I stand corrected.  The 40' parcel trailer was produced by RPP.  That's what I found at an area shop a few months ago.

> Pat, I'm still curious: how are UPS trailers going to fit in to your Wayland
> branch layout?

They're not.  Just making sure I get stuff now for future consideration.  You know how it is, you might never see it again.

Besides, after reading that recent article in RMC about the "Peterboro Project", I'm seriously considering building a set of "Free-Mo" modules that would depict a location on the EL mainline.  If I do that, I'll need something to run on it, right?

Wouldn't it be cool if a bunch of people built EL-themed Free-Mo modules and then we could hook them all together at one of the conventions?  Ah well, I can dream, right?

- -pat