(erielack) Eastern Ohio & the EL

I was thinking about the article on Akron and the area. And how it talked about the razorback of grades in the area. My question is about those grades, was/is it not possible to flatten those grades out without relocating the line? Lots of fills, cuts and tunnels? I would think there would be ways to make it better without relocating completely out of the area like some of the "could have beens" that were talked about at the end of the article.

Brad Butcher
ELHS 3900