From: pat.moore_@_att.net
Subject: Re: (erielack) Portage Bridge near Hornell

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-08-16-08

PortageViaduct.jpg (image/jpeg, 690x987 84379 bytes, BF: 8.07 ppb)

Hi Don...

Here's a photo of the Portage Viaduct from below the upper falls in
Letchworth State Park.  Yeah, the picture was taken in 1983, but not much
changed since Conrail took over.  Pictures of trains going over the viaduct
were a bit tricky because the tracks run east-west and all the easy photo
locations are on the north side of the tracks and are backlit for the better
part of the day.

It was my understanding that NS was working on a plan for a replacement
span.  Hard to believe they would let the whole Srn Tier line go to pot all
for the want of a bridge.