From: "Janet & Randy Brown" <jananran_@_mymailstation.com>
To: <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 6:18 PM
Subject: Re:RE: (erielack) Portage Bridge near Hornell

> The Portage Bridge, as I see it, is (compass) north, (timetable) west of
River Jct, where the low-grade River Line takes off for Coba Jct.  The
Portage bridge is, therefore, on the old Erie line to Buffalo.  Is that
still a live railroad?  If so, why?

> Randy Brown
> Thanks for clarifying which bridge that is, Steve and Andy. I did find
several images on http://images.google.com using keywords
Letchworth+Erie+Bridge. It looks like a classy bridge in a beautiful
location near waterfalls. Let's hope that when and however they rebuild it,
they keep the setting in mind and not slap just anything in there.