Re:RE: (erielack) Portage Bridge near Hornell

The Portage Bridge, as I see it, is (compass) north, (timetable) west of River Jct, where the low-grade River Line takes off for Coba Jct.  The Portage bridge is, therefore, on the old Erie line to Buffalo.  Is that still a live railroad?  If so, why?

Randy Brown
Thanks for clarifying which bridge that is, Steve and Andy. I did find several images on http://images.google.com using keywords Letchworth+Erie+Bridge. It looks like a classy bridge in a beautiful location near waterfalls. Let's hope that when and however they rebuild it, they keep the setting in mind and not slap just anything in there.