(erielack) My personal memoriam (list related!)

Hi folks,

I've been away for a few days to attend to the funeral of my wife's
grandfather, Aniello ("Nick") Lepre. He passed away last Sunday at the
age of 80.

List relevance? "Grandpa" was a laborer in the DL&W's Port Morris after
he got out of his short stint in the Navy during WW2 (he was in it for 2
months, and then the war ended!). He was only there for about 3 years
before finding "less grunt-like work" (for lack of a better
description!).  Since that was ~60 years ago, he has few memories he can
recollect, but his eyes lit up when I showed him Mike Del Vecchio's
"Trackside with Henry Peterson" book, and when I showed him photos of
lister Bill Botkin's rendition of the Port Morris roundhouse. :)

"Grandpa" has been laid to rest at the Stanhope (NJ) Union Cemetary. His
plot faces (and it approximately 200 feet away from) the right-of-way of
the original Sussex Branch alignment to Waterloo, and is within earshot
of the "Old Road", which is about a mile away. Very appropriate, I
thought. :)