From: STEVEZ10_@_aol.com
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Sent: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 9:48 am
Subject: Re: (erielack) Portage Bridge near Hornell

In a message dated 8/15/2008 9:42:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
donaldliotta_@_gmail.com writes:

I was just reading the August Railpace and there's a blurb in the
middle of
page 47 claiming that a bridge on the north of Hornell on the old Erie
line
to Buffalo, referred to as the Portage Bridge, is in bad shape and the
viability of the NS line from Binghamton to Buffalo is in jeopardy.

Does anyone else know the story behind this? I doubt the line is in
"jeopardy". I would think the state of New York and NS would work
together
to get it fixed; the state is the main reason the line survives to this
day.

Does anyone have a picture and/or stats on this Portage Bridge?

Didn't NS just run a OCS/Business train with those ABBA F units over
that
Bridge?? I would think this bridge would carry additional trains for
the new
"Patriot Corridor" that NS proposes. Perhaps NS is looking at
rebuilding the
bridge.?

**************Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your
budget?