Re: (erielack) Re: CNJ Interchange

Ok well then this begs the question. If there was a physical connection to the LI and NH at Hells gate bridge, why was anything floated at all? It just seems dumb, if you have a land line way to get there everything should use it.
  > Are you sure about this? Everything I've read indicates that NYNH&H
  > interchange at Bay Ridge was not limited to PRR. For example, this is an

  Nelligan is incorrect. I don't think you'll even find tariffs that would
  allow sucgh a move, even if a shpper attempted to route that way.

  As I wrote earlier, this was always the despair of regional planners,
  because even most NH-LIRR freight went from Port Morris to LIC via float;
  some NH-NYC traffic even went 60th St to Port Morris with a track connection
  in the Bronx.

  Now I've been at this business long enough to know that someone can cite an
  exception -- but this was simply not an interchange gateway, Even the PRR
  floated LIRR traffic from Greenville to LIC. The LIRR did no interchange for
  its own account at Bay Ridge.