(erielack) EL Facilities Vol2

A friend loaned me his book and as we still have wet weather here in MA I have spent most of the AM today reading it. However - think its page 31 the caption lists all info based on large photo on page 30 of engine 861. However its 851, not sure if that changes any info. In the 60 to 70's photo's 6 months after Diane are listed as Jan 1956 and Feb 1959. I know Diane did a lot of damage but doubt she was 3 years long. I am guessing the 1959 should be 1956 as I was in the military in 1959 and rode the DL&W in 1956 and rode through the damage - slowly I might add. (may have been when I flew to NJ on Friday and DL&W back on Sunday). I know Vol 1 also had a few errors in the captions.

Enjoyed the shots though, a friend of mine used to take a lot of slides and video in that area - wonder how good the video is after all these years but he would climb up the side to get better shots. I'll have to email him.

Jim Crump
ELHS#197