RE: (erielack) Re: CNJ Interchange

Erie/EL had no need for significant interchange with NYNH&H via NY Harbor
float because of the direct interchange at Maybrook. PRR, CNJ, LV and DL&W
interchanged directly with the NH via float, but some of their traffic also
went indirectly via L&HR-Maybrook, and in the case of LV and DL&W, via O&W.
EL interchange shifted to Utica after the Poughkeepsie bridge fire, and
overhead traffic on L&HR went to an all-PC routing.

Paul B

The SF-100 consist sheet I posted a few years back here (full article
coming soon in the Diamond, if I get get a day or two to finish up my
manuscript :) supports this - there are several cars for interchange
with the LIRR and BEDT via floatbridge, all for local customers on both.

I think Jim's hit the nail on the head here - all New England traffic
usually went over the Poughkeepsie Bridge (hence those giant train the
NH used to run in and out of Maybrook).

But how was this traffic routed post-1974 when the bridge burned? Run up
and interchanged with the PC at Utica?

- - Paul