Re: (erielack) Auto Racks

Pat, at least you were aiming at freight cars. Lots of fans behave as though
there's nothing coupled to the locos :-)   Your recollections jive with my
consists for the time period. I mentioned yesterday the odd move, 1-2 cars
daily, to Jackson MS via IHB-ICG (GM&O car). As for the Monon car, that RR
had been merged into L&N, which received substantial volume from EL at
Cinti.

While we're on the subject, is anyone aware of any multilevel traffic on LV?
One of the annual reports from the 60's talks about an unloading facility on
Johnson Ave in Jersey City, but I've never seen a photo of an LV train with
an autorack.

Dave, my data comes from a large stack of EL consists from 1975-76; if I'm
not mistaken, these computer-generated reports replaced the wheel reports
sometime in the 1968-72 period. The 3 Pauls (myself, Paul T and Paul
Cappelloni) are working on a project to make them available to all ELHS
members. To my knowledge, there are no consists in the archives.

Paul B

Hi Dave,

"Back in the day", I was only ten or eleven.  I got my first camera at
Christmas 1974, so my EL pictures from that era are both limited and crappy.
I only took pictures of freight cars that I thought were unusual.  That
said, I got a picture of a Monon auto rack and a GM&O auto rack going
through Addison NY.  A few of my other pictures have auto racks right behind
the power or next to the caboose (my most photographed subjects), so I have
other pictures that include N&W auto racks.

- - -pat moore