RE: CNJ Interchange; was: RE: (erielack) GL/Boonton, Lincoln Park Siding

> You're probably correct about PAGLASS. However, I'm not sure
> you understood my comment about traffic to/from the South.
> After CNJ quit PA, it was not involved in any EL interchange
> at P'burg.

"Duh" on my part, I always forget that! :(

> EL interchanged directly with LV.
> Interchange with RDG occurred at Rupert PA, as CS-9's RDG
> cars were in the Taylor block. All the ones in my two
> consists were EC's for Millville NJ.

OK, so there never was any interchange to RDG via LV at P'burg?

> In any event, the
> routing I'm talking about is EL-Lake Jct-CNJ-Bound
> Brook-RDG-Philly-B&O-Pot Yard.

This is useful, thanks! Here's a question I've always wondered: Is there
a list of "standard routings" for the EL? Let's say a car has to get
from NJ to Decatur, IL - what was the most commonly used route? EL-N&W
(at Buffalo)?  Or EL-N&W (at Huntington)?  This is another useful thing
for modelers to put on car cards to let their crews know how to move the
cars.

> As for the COFC, they weren't going to be expedited vs SE-98
> by spending 24hr in Croxton yard and then being hauled back
> west by CS-9.

Stranger things have happened... ;)