Re: (erielack) Will we ever see a HO Scale SDP45 in plastic???

True, but it would be an easy way to make one that looks nice. I've done some kitbashing that looks like Frankenstien and Jack the ripper had a love child. So in some cases I look for an easier way that doesn't involve any cutting or much sanding.
  In theory this would work but the GP39-2 only had 12 cylinders where the 38/40 had 16.  This leaves the 38/40 with 8 engine room doors per side and the 39 only has 6.  The engine room also sits in a different spot in the long hood to balance the weight.  I can't remember if they pushed it forward on the chassis or split the difference.  Now most people won't be standing there counting engine room doors on the layout so your method would definitely give the right look.  Just depends on how accurate you want to get.

  Josh Blevins