(erielack) Erie Middletown depot

[Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 07:01:11 -0700 (PDT) From: "Walter J. Conklin IV"
<mailto:walterc_10940_@_yahoo.com> walterc_10940@yahoo.com  "I was wondering
if the author who posted the orginal message about the Erie Middletown dept
was aware that Thrall Library encompases both the original passenger station
and a modern annex.Another possible reason for the substantial size of the
Middletown station is that the city had a sizable population.
Sincerely,walter"]

Walter, thank you very much for your posts re my original question about the
impressive design of the station, especially for the historical perspective
of the town's contribution to the very building of the rail line. Yes, I was
aware that the library had built an annex onto the original station; in my
opinion, this was quite tastefully done in a style very concordant with the
original. I wish there had been more attention to also preserving the O&W
station and offices in Middletown.

Joe Braun