RE: (erielack) GL/Boonton, Lincoln Park Siding.

> Gary
> The SIDING  did extend east of Ryerson Road, but NOT over the
> Pompton  River Bridge.  The switch was between the two.  When
> they moved the  switch west of Ryerson Rd, they did loose
> some capacity.
> Probable 6-8 cars??
>
> Bob Bahrs

BTW, according to a note I have from Art Erdman, the Lincoln Park passing
siding has a capacity of "125 cars" (I assume this means 50' cars?), making
it a little over a mile long. Translated, that means it could hold 70
piggyback flats, and in later years the pig trains definitely exceeded this
length.