Re: (erielack) Will we ever see a HO Scale SDP45 in plastic???

Matt,
Personally, I'd love to see a plastic semi-RTR SDP45 but it will be a long shot.  First of all you have the issue of limited number of prototypes.  Of course that eally isn't an issue anymore with available models like the P1K DL109.  Then you have the issue of 3 distinct versions:  EL, SP, and GN.  On the upside, you do have shear longevity since there is still some running around.  And you also have some popular paint schemes:  SP, UP, GN, BN, EL, CR, and leasers.  I wouldn't say its a complete write-off but a long shot.  I mean, there's very few locomotives that haven't been done before so if a manufacturer is looking to do something that's never been done before, the SDP45 is prime.
But I think the best thing a SDP45 has going for it, I've started kitbashing my own.  Got about a 6-pack of Yuengling into it before moving on to something else.  Guess I should help you HO scale boys out and get back to work on it.

Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC
http://www.pbase.com/stillbre
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=2240