RE: (erielack) GL/Boonton Trains on Great Notch Hill

> I forgot to ask yesterday, what was the length of the siding
> at Lincoln Park?

This answer is in Bill Sheppard's diagram book, I'll post it tonight if
Bill doesn't beat me to it. ;)

> If this was the
> case, could the train be left further east on single track?
> The route was blocked anyway until the stalled train was pushed.

I'm not sure if there was a safety reason they did this, or rather, it's
AWFULLY hard to get a massive freight train started in the middle of a
grade. The uphill to Great Notch started just past Mountain View
station.