Re: (erielack) GL/Boonton Trains on Great Notch Hill

NO, you only need to change at Secaucus (watch the spelling) to use the Main, Bergen County and Pascack Valley lines toward Suffern, Port Jervis, or Spring Valley (or backtrack to Hoboken).  The Boonton line uses the Montclair Branch; there is through service between Penn Station and Montclair State University.  Most Boonton Line trains run to or from Hoboken.

Manhattan Transfer was in Harrison, many miles from Secaucus.  Susquehanna Transfer was closer, but that line doesn't connect here...

I've given Bruce more details and discussion off-list...

Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey