(erielack) Different Foley

Hi Walter - I'm not related to Joe Foley, at least as far as I know.  My
interest in railroading came from my grandfather, Pat Folan (named
changed to Foley after emigrating from Ireland), who with his brother
worked for CIE, the Irish railroad company, when not fomenting
revolution against the British Empire as an officer in the IRA (today is
the 91st anniversary of the collapse of the Easter Rising).  After
arriving in Boston in the 1920s he worked for the Boston Elevated, and
later for the New York Transit Authority.  With a name like Foley, I'm
sure Joe was a good guy!

Thanks,

Pat Foley