(erielack) Erie 2999

I was very unhappy to hear of this car's demise as I had almost finished
kitbashing a Branchline coach kit into a model of 2999.  I had hoped to
get to Jersey at some point to confirm some details that were hard to
validate with the pictures, diagrams and information I had, such as the
size and appearance of the roof hatch (most of the hatches on other Erie
heavyweights seem about four-feet square while this one seems larger and
I sized it as such), and the underbody layout on the aisle side.

I am thankful to Brian for taking and posting the pictures, especially
of that elusive aisle side - I guessed pretty well at the layout but
have some minor tweaks to make.  At least for me - a little bit of the
spirit of this unusual car will remain.

Thanks for the heads up Al; I guess I'll have to spend my future visits
to Jersey on other pursuits...

Pat Foley