RE: (erielack) Athearn GP35s

FYI, I tried a couple of my previously reliable methods for number removal on my Kato SD45's (1998 vintage) and it was impossible to remove numbers without removing the maroon paint. Has anyone else had better luck with these?

Paul B

From: "Schuyler Larrabee" <schuyler.larrabee_@_verizon.net>
Subject: RE: (erielack) Athearn GP35s

Also, try a Q-tip, using 91% isopropyl alcohol.  You >>>>may<<<< be able to remove the lettering
without removing the paint, at least before you remove ALL the paint.  You can soften the lettering,
and then use a razor blade to >>carefully<< scrape the softened numbers just a little to weaken
their grip on the maroon, and then rub some more with the Q-tip.   I've done this on some Atlas
products.  It's a bit nervous-making, but it works.