RE: (erielack) Athearn GP35s

Also, try a Q-tip, using 91% isopropyl alcohol.  You >>>>may<<<< be able to remove the lettering
without removing the paint, at least before you remove ALL the paint.  You can soften the lettering,
and then use a razor blade to >>carefully<< scrape the softened numbers just a little to weaken
their grip on the maroon, and then rub some more with the Q-tip.   I've done this on some Atlas
products.  It's a bit nervous-making, but it works.

At least, that's not a hard thing to mask and spray if you muck it up.

SGL