Re: (erielack) NS Looking for two Erie or EL Switch Locks with keys.

In a message dated 4/22/2007 6:22:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
luxpan_@_hotmail.com writes:

After  rummaging through G'pa's notes/photos, it appears that the signal
cases on  the Erie (At least on the west end, in Signal Gang #51's territory
[Huntington and points west]) were secured with a mixture of locks. I've
seen evidence of the Yale padlocks with both cast and stamped Erie marks
(EL, stamped only) as well as the screw-type (Rayco?) locks with at least
three different key shapes (Triangle, hex and square).

Now, as far  as my "giving" my locks & keys to NS...(Pause for evil maniacal
laughter) Not in this or any other lifetime!

Michael Dye ELHS  #1516

Michael

I think the NS would appreciate your input on  signal locks.  I  think they
are just trying to be in the ball park as to being  authentic.   Over time I'm
sure numerous types of locks were used. Any  of those would beat going  to
the Ace Hardware store  !    I would hope that anyone  with serious thoughts or
hardware would contact Michael off list, thus my  posting his email address.
If you read his email carefully, he's not necessarily  looking to be given a
lock and key.  He states that the NS would be willing  to buy it!

Bob Bahrs