RE: (erielack) DL&W Broad Street, Newark

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-04-20-07

DLW_Newark_1.jpg (image/jpeg, 828x912 714141 bytes, BF: 1.06 ppb)
DLW_Newark_2.jpg (image/jpeg, 824x1588 941112 bytes, BF: 1.39 ppb)

Ed wins the Gold Star for being 100% correct, and for having an amazing
memory!

This discussion jogged my memory, so I went rooting around; my wife and I
found this almost-complete paper in our attic when we bought our house 10
years ago, but it is fairly well deteriorated, so I saved the EL article.
Here are two scans of the very article Ed read on October 28th, 1962. The
article also hints at the genesis of the name Lincoln Motel (which is all I
remember it as in the 70's). Wonder if the plaque remains? The Cuban missile
crisis was the entire front page.

In the photo, at the top center, is what appears to be an open-ended shed
with the name Lackawanna spelled out above the open end.

Jim Harr