RE: (erielack) Photo of EL RS-2 #902

Steve Timko wrote:

> Nice photo of EL RS-2 #902 at Scranton, PA 9/65 posted on
> George's site today.
>
> _http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/el/loco/el902blb.jpg_
> (http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/el/loco/el902blb.jpg)

I saw this photo last night, but I was a little baffled - where in
Scranton would this be? It almost looked like Hoboken or Jersey City at
first glance, but I just can't place that tall building in the
background...

> This unit was wrecked on 11/01/66 in the vicinity of Dover,
> NJ and scrapped at Croxton, NJ

Here's an article with an overhead view of the shredded 902...

http://el-list.elhts.org/archives/article1.jpg

The units were a runaway and plowed head-on into an MU, sadly killing
the engineer.
The location of this photo is almost directly beneath the South Salem
St. bridge in Dover.