Re: (erielack) Nor'easter Question

In a message dated 4/13/2007 8:05:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Edward.Montgomery_@_fcps.edu writes:

>  If the water reaches track level, how do they keep PATH free from
> flooding?  I've never heard of the tubes filling up with water.  But if the terminal
> flooded I could imagine the steps to PATH looking like a waterfall.

Ed and all,

A few years back when I first started on NJ Transit we had this same
situation. I believe it was during Hurricane Andrew, if my fuzzy grey matter is
recollecting correctly. Not only did part of the terminal flood but it cascaded down
the two PATH stairways as well. Since then, flood bulkheads have been built
which are dropped into place at both PATH entrances should the water get that
high again.

Al Holleuffer