(erielack) Re: EL Mail List Digest V3 #2349

The "diner" behind the Port Morris roundhouse was called /known as
"Firpo's". As I recall, the family had an interesting  reputation   (goats/chickens in
the house--not unknown for old country families, and probably  still the case
in certain parts of Eastern and Southern Europe, and the  Mezzogiorno (sic)).
Anyway, the building had the appearance of being an ex-trolley car-this is
pure speculation. It could have been an ex-MCT carbody. For those old enough to
 remember, there was another diner on the Landing Road down toward Rt46, on
the  sharp curve. It was closed the times I saw it, and it also looked like a
trolley  car body. The MCT came up along that road to Landing and on to
Bertrand's  Island.
Jim