Re: (erielack) Freight Loading Platform

In the Silver Creek area was/is woods and farms.

Just to the west is Wadsworth, which had several large
industries and a few smaller ones, but they all had
sidings. There were/are several car lots right up the
street, but like you said, there's not enough room to
swing down the side of an automobile boxcar.

To the east is Norton, which like the Silver Creek
area is woods and farms.

It was kind of late to be a milk platform, and that
would be on the main anyhow, wouldn't it? Maybe the
farmers bagged their own products and loaded them into
boxcars there. The closest grain mill that I can find
evidence of was 6 miles away in Rittman.

Interesting...