Re: (erielack) Re: EL Mail List Digest V3 #2349

I did a quick word search on "Silver Creek" in the archives at Steamtown,
and got hits on the following folders.  Feel free to contact me if any of
the folders are of interest::

File Unit Nbr             Title
036-F021                  Erie RR Records - A.F.E. #C-003099--Construction
of standard section tool house for Section 30, Galion, OH; Replace 8 knife
circuit controllers with clock work time releases at "AK" tower, Silver
Creek tower, Sterling tower and Harding Tower [Kent Division--Nypano
Railroad (OH-5)] (1921-1922)
060-F005                  Erie RR--A.F.E. #C-001644--Installation of 48"
Concrete pipe culvert that replaced old highway bridge H.O.66 on Doylestown
Branch at Silver Creek,Ohio (VS-OH-5) (Kent Division) (Blueprint enclosed)
1919
083-F011                  Erie RR--P.R. #1437--Retirement -80 ton truck
scale, Silver Creek, OH [VS-OH-05]    October 30, 1922
083-F013                  Erie RR--P.R. #1627--Retirement - Tool house,
Silver Creek, OH [VS-OH-05]   April 26, 1923
083-F071                  Erie RR--P.R. #3963--1 box car body & 1 privy,
Silver Creek, OH  [VS-OH-05]   July 11, 1927
083-F083                  Erie RR--P.R. #4000--Track # 308, Silver Creek,
OH  [VS-OH-05]  October 25, 1927
083-F094                  Erie RR--P.R. #4048--1/2 box car body used as a
coal house, Silver Creek, OH [VS-OH-05]     July 11, 1927
096-F015                  Erie RR--Contract #941--Erie Railroad Company,
and James P. Loomis--Spur tracks at Silver Creek  --       December 1, 1905
191-F007                  Erie RR--Contract #837--Erie RR and Ohio Salt Co.
- - sidings, Silver Creek, OH and Rittman, OH    --     September 1, 1905
200-F015                  Erie RR--Contract #1148--Erie RR and Card &
Prosser Coal Co. - extension, North Silver Creek branch, OH (?)--
August 17, 1906
341-F008                  Statement of Addition & Betterment Authorities -
September 1921
341-F009                  Statement of Addition & Betterment Authorities -
October 1921

Patrick McKnight
Historian/Archivist
Steamtown NHS
570-340-5193

We need history, not to tell us what happened or to explain the past, but
to make the past alive so that it can explain us and make a future
possible.-Alan Bloom

                      "Bill K."
                      <pontiac_@_dreamsca        To:       <erielack@lists.elhts.org>
                      pe.com>                  cc:       (bcc: Pat McKnight/STEA/NPS)
                                               Subject:  (erielack) Re: EL Mail List Digest V3 #2349
                      04/13/2007 05:50
                      AM EST
                      Please respond to
                      "EL Mail List"

The answer would be found in company records, for sure; I've seen enough of

other RR records that usually there are files describing, when, who and for

what use these ramps were constructed.  Often with print sections showing
where it was, or blueprints of the ramp.

5' does sound narrow for one; I sold most of the New Haven paperwork I had
(they seemed to have a standard design at several locations) or I could
look
and compare width.   Perhaps it was used for loading directly to trucks
(across and in, no or minimal change in height)?

Bill K.