Re: (erielack) Re: Antique Rail-Car BIDET on EBAY

If you've ever spent time in Quebec, a bidet is normal and yes, it is for
cleaning one's private parts and is very much a bathroom fixture. Not
necessarily in liew of a shower or a bath, it's just one more thing to help  keep you
"clean". Without getting graphic, women use it for one purpose and men  use if
for another.

While a bidet may have been a luxury in Europe, it's just a regular piece  of
bathroom equipment in Quebec. Not everyone has one these days but overall, it
 is the norm.

I'm also very curious to know why DL&W provided such a nice service. I
certainly would think that D&H would have as via their subsidiary, D&H  provided
direct service to Montreal.

Regarding bidet service for passengers, my guess is that the railroads
perhaps in the "Acadian" areas of Maine or New Brunswick or in the midwest part  of
the continent, Wisconsin in particular, are the places where such service was
 provided because of the numbers of French immigrants who arrived in North
America and because of their arrival, it just became the normal thing to  have.

This is as much as I know. Can anyone add to this?

Rick

In a message dated 4/6/2007 7:43:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,