(erielack) Mismatched EL HO Train

I have an EL mismatched HO passenger train. The two PA locomotives are Proto
2000 with the EL paint scheme, but the maroon is quite red. The passenger
cars are International Hobby with an EL paint scheme this is very maroon.

This model in running from Hoboken to Chicago and at this time in history is
traveling through the Youngstown area. Rather than repainting the cars or
engines, I am lazy and want to rationalize the difference in colors. I am
justifying it by explaining that the cars and engines were painted at
different shops that had different paint specifications. Travel with me in
my imagination and tell me what EL shops did car/engine painting.

 I am just spoofing the amateur and not you knowledgeable listers. Thank you
and please do not berate me on my story or lack  of modeling detail.

JB Ipe