(erielack) Erie platter and soup bowl

[Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 21:37: From: trainman55_@_comcast.net As a member of
the Historical sociey, altho not amongst the inner sactum, I am outraged
that more reporduction china and glassware will make its way into the open
market and be pawned off as vintage or old. We who collect railroad
memorabilia do not need more repros on the market to satisfy those who can't
afford the real thing. It is diffcult enough to separate the wheat from the
chaff. Thanx so much.  <mailto:trainman55_@_comcast.net>
trainman55_@_comcast.net]

Dear Trainman55:

I regret this late response. I am just catching up on three days of Lists
due in part to devoting the entirety of yesterday to the great presentations
at the ELHS eastern meeting.

Your letter provided me with a needed JOLT!!  It reminded me of just how
truly fortunate we are to have not only the actual dining car preservation
but to also have these pieces of Erie china available to us through the
marvelous efforts of the ELDCPS. Jolted out of my procrastination, I just
ordered my platter and soup bowl a minute ago.

Gratefully,

Joe Braun