RE: (erielack) Erie steam locomotives

Neither the one I have which I bought beautifully painted, nor the one which I have in as many
pieces as it could possibly be taken apart, has the correct configuration to model the cast frame.
They have the Delta truck, the Box Pok (correct spelling) drivers, and the multiple-bearing
crosshead, but still, no cast frame.  It's a modernized K5, but not a K5a.

Unfortunately (maybe) I missed out on an O-scale version auctioned today in Indiana (I think) which
went for $2,100, plus a 17.5% buyer's premium.  I have wanted one for years, but $2,467.50 (plus
shipping) is a tad heavy.  The pre-sale estimate was $300-$1,600.

SGL