(erielack) EL around Youngstown

I have always wondered how Erie and EL operated around Youngstown.  At
one time there probably was a lot of local freight operation.  I imagine
that Youngstown was one of the larger originators of freight on the west
end of the line.  Erie built the Pymatuming (sp?) cut-off for through
freights to bypass Youngstown.  How much was this line used?  Was it
built on the level of the Nicholson or Lackawanna cut-off?  Did it have
easy grades?  Was this line ever considered for use by CR?  I don't
think it exists any more, does it?

Ed Montgomery