Re: (erielack) List Address

At 05:04 PM 2/19/2007, Bob Gillis wrote:
>Bruce Ipe wrote:
>
>>No, Reply to All should be to  the list. Reply should be to the writer.
>
>You can't do it that way even if it would be nice.
>Reply: goes to the ,Sender/writer Reply All: goes to the Sender/writer
>and any cc's including the list.
>
>To get it to go only to the list you have to delete he sender's and
>the other cccs' addresses.
>
>If you want to reply only to the sender you can right click on his
>address, copy Address, highlight the list address on the reply and
>Paste or Control V.
>
>bob gillis

OK, here we go again, so to speak.

If an email is received from the list, it would seem logical to
assume that the sender is a list member.

Therefore, a reply to the list would also guarantee that the original
sender would receive the email reply. Why then would someone want to
also include that person's email address in addition to the list
address? That would mean that the original sender is going to get two
copies of the reply, one which was addressed to the list and the one
specifically addressed to him.

I believe that most of the time that a reply is sent to a list email,
that particular reply is sent to the list so all on the list will see
it. In those cases where someone wants to reply privately to the
original sender, it's easy enough to delete the list address from the
"To:" field and paste the original sender's address there (that's
what I do). Therefore I would support having the list address as the
"Reply To" field.

Joe K.