(erielack) Erie 1/10 Pint Whiskey Bottle

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-02-19-07

ErieOldForesterFrontEmail.jpg (image/jpeg, 669x1000 126450 bytes, BF: 5.29 ppb)
ErieOldForesterRearEmblemEmail.jpg (image/jpeg, 669x1000 122404 bytes, BF: 5.47 ppb)
ErieOldForesterTopEmail.jpg (image/jpeg, 1000x669 101786 bytes, BF: 6.57 ppb)

In organizing my railroadiana, I was reminded of my wish for more knowledge
on two items that I have had for decades. I attach photos for any Listers
who can add to the little I know. On this first item, all I know is the
obvious. It is a 1/10 pint of Old Forester whiskey labelled for Erie use
(dining car or business car or both??). The Erie label is made of a soft,
velvety material. The bottle has never been opened and its stamp has a
picture of Carlisle with the stamped dates: Made Spring 1948, Bottled Fall
1952. This little gem was given to me -- with no personal story attached --
by a non-railfan who knew I loved the Erie.

Thanks for any feedback along any lines whatever.

Joe Braun