Re: (erielack) Akron Questions

In a message dated 2/15/2007 5:56:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
wsmith5957_@_hotmail.com writes:

In  1960-61, one of the jobs at night was makiing up consists, etc. I also
had  to do adding & subtraction but I can't think for  WHAT

Walt-----

I did not start until 1965, but I suspect that you worked the Monitor's Job
and you were adding up the "Cars Handled" for the day.  I seem to recall  that
the Monitor handled that work.

In later years, there was a 3rd Trick Operator Clerk that "traced the
trains"....which meant, took the passing times from the train sheet for  terminals,
such as Kent, Meadville, Salamanca, and Hornell and put the facts and  figures
on a lightweight "tracing paper", a preprinted form, which was used by  the
Supt, Asst Supt, CTD, etc the next day to review the operation after the 3rd
Trick Monitor typed the sheets.

Sure wish I had kept some of that stuff when it was being thrown out.

SMT