Re: (erielack) Storage of your RR photos for the future

- --- ELRRB65_@_aol.com wrote:
> Some information about storage of your photos on CD's or DVD's in
> the future.
> Anybody on the list have information on better ways to save your
> photos for the future.
>
> http://msn.pcworld.com/article/id,124312-page,1/article.html

There are several issues with data storage in general...

First, the medium has to survive.

Second, you have to be able to read it.  How many people still have
working 8-track tape players?  Who has a machine that can read some
of the early videotape formats like U-matic?

Flash drive prices are coming down and sizes are going up.  I'd get
some 2-gigabyte flash drives for $75 or less and use them as backups.
 The key is to have multiple copies of the files on different media
so you have a chance.

Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey