RE: (erielack) Happy Erie Lackawanna Day!

Though I was never alive to see the real EL, I'd have to say the west end, in this case covering the line west of Hornell. I say this as I had the chance to follow the line closely from Hornell to Rochester, IN in July, 2000. This seemed like the most exciting part of the EL, though most of it was inactive/gone. I took along several books to try to find the locations and places where the photographers stood. Didn't take much to "see" C425, PA, E8, and other locomotives in GMY at the ponds at Andover, NY, or the B&LE crossing at Shenango, PA, or pacing along the empty ROW around Kingsland, IN. I recall standing alongside the Fulton COunty C420 at Rochester, IN and facing west to see part of the ROW covered by an interstate. Wondered what it was liket o face the same way and see a hotshot coming at me.

 I only wish I could have seen the real thing. Thanks for the memories EL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim Rowland
La Plata, MD