(erielack) Happy Erie Lackawanna Day!

Mine was 70-76.  I grew up on Manor Road in Denville near the end and
our house was about 150 feet from the tracks of the Boonton line.  I
think this was the time of the Hot Shot fast freights because they
really seemed to move through there. (I could be wrong there) Each shelf
in our home had a lip on it. When when a train went by the entire house
shook and the lip kept the glassware on the shelves.  I remember if I
would have a sleepover as a child the terror in those kids eyes when a
train would come through at night and it would feel like an earthquake
to them! It was awsome!

George Mason